Septic System Cleaning
On-site wastewater treatment system represents a significant investment you will want to protect. With proper operation and regular maintenance, your system will function and last longer.
Do not wait until your system shows signs of failure to have your septic tank pumped out. Waiting can mean complete clogging and an expensive repair bill. Call Affordable Pumping Services to clean your septic tank AT LEAST EVERY TWO TO THREE YEARS.
Periodic pumping of the septic tank is far less costly, then the repair or replacement of the entire system. While your tank is being pumped, ask the operator to examine the inlet and outlet baffles in the septic tank. If either is broken, have the repairs done immediately. The inlet should also be checked to see if wastewater is continuously flowing into the tank from previously undetected plumbing leaks. The outlet baffle is more important than the inlet, its’ loss will allow solids to go directly to the absorption area.
Septic systems generally give little warning they are about to fail. However, the following often indicates the leaching system is becoming clogged:
- Sewage odor near the septic tank or leaching field
- Slowly running drains and toilets
- Sewage on the ground over the leaching field
We recommend protecting the system by doing the following:
- Keep soil over the drain field covered with vegetation to prevent erosion.
- DO NOT drive heavy vehicles over the system
- Avoid construction over the system.
- Maintain the natural shape of the land
- Protect the area from cutting and filling
- Landscape the yard to divert water from the tank and field
- Be sure that the roof, gutters, and foundation drains do not flow over, or into the system.